Coating, Potting, and Enclosures
Creating Ruggedized Electronics With Conformal Coating & More
If your electronics need to stand up to harsh environments, RiverSide has you covered with experience in conformal coating, potting, and enclosures. For any rugged situation, we have the capabilities to provide protection for your electronic assemblies.
Intense Environments Need Intense Ruggedization
Ruggedized manufacturing is critical for a broad range of industries where circuit boards, electronics, and electromechanical parts must operate in harsh, long-term environments. Electronics that are utilized in outdoor environments where natural particulates, moisture, and temperatures are prevalent can be quickly compromised. RiverSide Electronics has the experience and equipment to protect electronics used in high-stress situations where elements like cutting fluids, solvents, and acids can cause degradation and poor function from exposure.
The ruggedized options help to protect the function and prevent contamination of a device and corrosion of an electronic device. Ruggedization allows complex electronics to operate even in the most harsh environments. When you partner with RiverSide for your ruggedized electronics, your assemblies can be protected by the following services:
- Conformal coating and potting: To protect the components of a printed circuit board against harsh environments, we utilize a thin polymeric film conformal coating material and assembly potting. The material works to fit to the contours of a board, protecting the components from external elements. With epoxy, urethane, and silicone compounds, we’re able to fill complete electronic assemblies to protect from shock, vibration, moisture, and corrosion.
- Low-pressure molding: Our low-pressure molding technology (MoldMan at 30 to 300 PSI) uses high performance adhesives including polyolefin and polyimide to encapsulate and protect components from particulates, moisture, and vibrations.
- Circuit board enclosure: RiverSide builds and assembles durable, customizable enclosed circuit boards for a range of industries. Our enclosed circuit boards, “electronic vaults,” are environment-sealed, heat sink capable, and impermeable. These specialty vaults shield assemblies against electromagnetic damage by blocking EMI activity with barriers of conductive and magnetic materials. By isolating electrical devices with EMI shield enclosures, assemblies can operate in the long-term even in industrial settings with high electromagnetic frequencies.
From dusty fields and rain to EMI-rich environments, RiverSide ruggedization provides the reliable durability you need for your electronics to perform and maintain long-term quality. To learn more about our ruggedized services contact us today at (507) 523-3220 or fill out an online contact form today.
Special Application Equipment
- Conformal coating (Silicone, Acrylic, Urethane)
- Potting (Epoxy, Urethane and Silicone)
- Low pressure molding (Polyolefin and Polyimide)
Low pressure molding technology
Low pressure molding offers effective sealing of electronic devices – protection against moisture, dust, dirt, and vibration. This technology utilizes high performance adhesives and can be used as an effective alternative to epoxy potting.
- MoldMan equipment
- 30 to 300 PSI
- See a demonstration on Youtube